10 days for £2,400 pp sharing
Other tour dates available Mar – Dec
- Includes accommodation, activities, meals, and all transfers to Windhoek Hosea Kutako international airport
- Deposit £600 pp. Single supplement £425 pp
- Maximum group size 8 people
- Excludes international flights
Download our 2013/14 Tours Guide for information on booking your flights and FAQs about our tours
Namibia is a vast country, even by African standards, covering an area approximately four times the size of the United Kingdom, but with a population of a mere 2 million – one of the lowest population densities in the world. From the Namib Desert in the south to the world famous Etosha National Park in the north, Namibia offers unforgettable safari experiences across spectacular and diverse landscapes.
This epic tour allows you to see the best of Namibia’s safari destinations in all their variety, including private reserves chosen by us for their superb game viewing. You will travel through some of Africa’s most breath-taking and dramatic scenery, including deserts, coastline, mountains and savannahs. You will stay in some of the very best camps and lodges where you’ll see the conservation work your trip helps to support, such as the predator rehabilitation projects at the AfriCat Foundation.
This tour showcases the remarkable diversity of Namibia’s National Parks. By travelling over land, you will experience this beautiful country in a very personal and intimate way, with plenty of opportunities to explore and take in the country’s sights and sounds.
- Explore one of Africa’s largest private nature reserves, the NamibRand Nature Reserve
- Visit 2 very different parts of the Etosha National Park at Ongava and Onguma Private Game Reserves
- Sleep in the treetops overlooking one of the most productive waterholes on the Onguma Private Game Reserve
- Stay in the only camp inside the world’s 4th largest National Park
- Climb some of the world’s highest free-standing sand dunes
- Sea kayak with Seals and Dolphins on the Skeleton Coast
- Track Desert Adapted Elephants in Damaraland
- Travel with one of Namibia’s most well-known naturalist guides
- Witness the world renowned AfriCat Foundation and see their work with the big cats
- Study cave paintings at UNESCO World Heritage Site at Twyfelfontein
- Visit a remote and authentic Himba settlement
For a detailed tour itinerary, please download our Tour Brochure.
Days 1 to 4
Your Namibian adventure starts in Windhoek. After some time to relax, you will drive southwest through the scenic Khomas Hochland Highlands before heading down the Great Escarpment into the Namib Desert below. The next few days are spent exploring the desert on foot from lodges and wilderness camps located inside the Namib Naukluft National Park. The specialist desert species that you may encounter include the Bat-eared Fox, Gemsbok, Kudu and Ostrich. An optional scenic flight can be arranged across the Diamond Coast and endless dunes of the Namib Desert to take you back to Swakopmund. Once in Swakopmund you will take an exciting kayaking adventure at Walvis Bay in search of Cape fur seals, Bottlenose Dolphins, Leatherback turtles, and Flamingos.
Days 5 to 7
From Swakopmund we travel north east into the breathtaking and diverse region of Damaraland. Damaraland is typified by displays of colour, magnificent table topped mountains, rock formations and bizarre-looking vegetation. It is home to some remarkable wildlife and you will spend the next few days tracking the Desert-adapted Elephant and other specialist wildlife that inhabit this unique region of Namibia.
Days 7 to 9
From Damaraland, we travel to the world famous Etosha National Park. At 22,270 square kilometres, Etosha is home to some of the most iconic wildlife in Africa, and excellent game viewing is assured. We will stay at luxury lodges and treetop camps on the border of the park, where numerous floodlight watering holes, guided nature walks, and game drives promise superb wildlife encounters. Etosha is considered to be one of the best safari regions in Namibia.
From Etosha, we travel to the world renowned AfriCat Foundation at Okonjima. Okonjima is a 55,000 ha wildlife reserve which focuses on the research and rehabilitation of Africa’s big cats, especially injured or captured Leopards and Cheetahs. You will have an afternoon game drive to search for the big cats and there will be a tour of the education centre to see the conservation work at first hand. After lunching at Okonjima, you will travel south to Windhoek for your journey home. We highly recommend an additional night at Okonjima to fully experience this wonderful reserve and an extra night in Windhoek before travelling home.
Just some of the Namibian wildlife you may encounter:
- Monteiro’s Hornbill
- Benguela Long- billed Lark
- Ruppell’s Korhaan
- Black shouldered Kite
- Pale Chanting Goshawk
Reptiles, Insects Marine Life and Flora & Fauna:
- Shovel-snouted Lizard
- Tok Tokkie Beetle
- Peringuey’s sidewinding Adder
- Web-footed Gecko
- Namaqua Chameleon
- Desert-adapted Elephant
- Desert-adapted Black Rhino
- Bat-eared Fox
- Hartmann’s Mountain Zebra
- Spotted and Brown Hyena
- Honey Badger
- African Wildcat
- Red Hartebeest
- Black-faced Impala
- Burchell’s Zebra
No online reviews for this tour. Please contact the Encounter the Wild team for a review or testimonial.