11 days for £4,200 pp sharing
Other dates available on request
- Includes accommodation, activities, meals, internal flights, and all transfers to Windhoek Hosea Kutako international airport
- Deposit £975 pp. Single supplement £340 pp
- Maximum group size 8 people
- Excludes international flights
Download our 2013/14 Tours Guide for information on booking your flights and FAQs about our tours
Namibia is a vast country, even by African standards, covering an area approximately four times the size of the United Kingdom, but with a population of a mere 2 million – it has one of the lowest population densities in the world. From the Namib Desert in the south to the world famous Etosha National Park in the north, Namibia offers incomporable safari experiences across spectacular and diverse landscapes.
By using scheduled light aircraft flights, this tour allows you to see the best of Namibia’s safari destinations in all their glory. You will travel through some of Africa’s most breath-taking and dramatic scenery, including deserts, coastline, mountains and savannahs. You will stay in some of the very best luxury camps and lodges where you will see the conservation work your trip helps to support, such as predator rehabilitation projects and the preservation of the Black Rhinoceros populations.
This tour showcases the stunning diversity of Namibia’s National Parks and offers you the chance to experience habitats and landscapes with all the benefits and comforts of first class accommodation and transport.
- Explore one of Africa’s largest private nature reserves, the NamibRand Nature Reserve
- Spend an evening with an Astronomer learning all about the southern hemisphere’s night sky
- Embark on exciting game drives within Etosha National Park
- Game drive on the exclusive Ongava Reserve, one the best reserves in Namibia
- Enjoy remarkable game viewing from the elevated dining area over a floodlit waterhole
- Track Desert Adapted Elephants in Damaraland
- Travel with one of Namibia’s most well-known naturalist guides (from day 4 onwards)
- Witness the world renowned AfriCat Foundation at work and track Leopard and Cheetah on foot and by vehicle
- Study cave etchings at the UNESCO World Heritage Site at Twyfelfontein
For a detailed tour itinerary, please download our Tour Brochure.
Days 1 to 3
Your Namibian adventure starts in Windhoek. After some relaxation time at your exclusive hotel, you fly south to Sossusvlei where your luxury desert accommodation is situated. Here you can enjoy excursions to the towering dunes of the Namib Desert, sundowner drives, and guided nature walks. This is a magical part of Africa with inspiring landscapes, unique desert-adapted wildlife, and excellent guiding.
Days 4 to 5
From Sossusvlei, we take a scheduled light aircraft flight north east into the wonderful and diverse region of Damaraland. Damaraland is typified by displays of colour, majestic table topped mountains, huge rock formations and bizarre-looking vegetation. It is home to some magnificent wildlife and you will spend the next few days tracking the desert-adapted Elephant and exploring this mountainous region. We will also see the prehistoric rock art at Twyfelfontein.
Days 6 to 8
From Damaraland, we travel to the world famous Etosha National Park. At 22,270 square kilometres, it is home to some of the most iconic wildlife in Africa and excellent game viewing is assured. Whilst in Etosha we will stay at luxury camps on the border of the park, where numerous floodlight watering holes, guided nature walks, and game drives, promise many fascinating wildlife encounters.
Day 9 to 10
From Etosha, we travel to the world renowned AfriCat Foundation at Okonjima. Okonjima is a 55,000 ha wildlife reserve which focuses on the research and rehabilitation of Africa’s big cats, especially injured or captured Leopard and Cheetah. Activities include Leopard tracking by vehicle, a visit to the Cheetah welfare project, a night drive on the Okonjima Reserve, or a visit to the night-hide where nocturnal Porcupine, Caracal, Honey Badger and even Leopard may be seen. The close encounters with the wildlife of Okonjima are an unforgettable highlight and a fantastic way to end your tour.
Just some of the Namibian wildlife you may encounter:
- Monteiro’s Hornbill
- Benguela Long- billed Lark
- Ruppell’s Korhaan
- Black shouldered Kite
- Pale Chanting Goshawk
Reptiles, Insects Marine Life and Flora & Fauna:
- Shovel-snouted Lizard
- Tok Tokkie Beetle
- Peringuey’s Side-winding Adder
- Web-footed Gecko
- Namaqua Chameleon
- Desert-adapted Elephant
- Desert-adapted Black Rhino
- Bat Eared Fox
- Hartmann’s Mountain Zebra
- Spotted and Brown Hyena
- Honey Badger
- African Wildcat
- Black-faced Impala
- Burchell’s Zebra
No online reviews for this tour. Please contact the Encounter the Wild team for a review or testimonial.