11 days for £2,150 pp sharing
Other dates are available on request.
- Includes all accommodation (including in New Delhi on arrival), domestic flights, transport, guides, full board, exclusive 4X4 vehicle for the group, and all safari activities
- Deposit £450pp. Single supplement £350pp
- Maximum group size 6 people
- Excludes international flights
Download our 2013/14 Tours Guide for information on booking your flights and FAQs about our tours
Tiger Safari in central India: India’s national parks and forest reserves are home to an extraordinary array of wildlife, including the world’s most awesome land predator, the Royal Bengal Tiger.
Focusing on the central state of Madhya Pradesh, our Classic Tiger Safari takes you to the best National Parks to watch and photograph tigers in the wild. Combining Tadoba and Pench National Parks, we have developed an extended 11 day itinerary to maximise your time in Tiger habitat, with 2 guided drives per day accompanied by experienced tiger guides and trackers.
Our 100% record for Tiger sightings on this tour speaks for itself, with 9 sightings on our first tour in 2013, as well as clear sightings of Jungle Cat and Leopard at Pench.
The deciduous forests, open grasslands, and waterways are also habitat for numerous other fascinating Indian species, including Sloth Bear, Indian Wild Dog, Jackal, Barking Deer, Flying Squirrel, Monitor Lizard, Spotted Deer, Langur, Nilgai, Sambar Deer, and Wild Boar. This densely populated wildlife environment is perfect for wildlife and landscape photography, and your guides will work tirelessly to ensure that you see the full variety of wildlife available.
This tour also includes excellent accommodation close to the prime tiger locations, and the use of an exclusive vehicle at all times when on safari.
- Game drives to see the Bengal Tiger in its natural environment. 100% success rate to date on our tours.
- Take part in tours that are designed to maximise your safari time in the parks each day, and your chances of spotting and photographing rare wildlife.
- Observe rare mammals, such as Dhole, Leopard, and Indian Wildcat as you explore the ancient forests at sunrise and sunset.
- Travel with expert naturalist guides who have an intimate knowledge of the wildlife and its behaviour, and who will provide you with the best oppurtunities to see rare species during your safari.
- Travel in small groups with your own open safari vehicle, perfectly designed for photography and wildlife viewing.
- Enjoy the warm hospitality and excellent service of your hosts at luxury lodges close to the national parks.
- Benefit from the knowledge that your tour is part of the Travel Operators for Tigers campaign (TOFT) and that responsible wildlife interactions are always our priority.
- Search for rare and nocturnal wildlife during escorted night walks along the park borders.
- Enjoy optional excursions to iconic Indian landmarks, such as the Taj Mahal
For a detailed tour itinerary, please download our Tour Brochure.
Days 1 and 2
On arrival in Delhi, our local representatives will collect you and take you to your hotel. You will have the rest of the day to relax before we set off for Nagpur the following morning. We will deal with all your hotel, transfers, and domestic flight arrangements to ensure a smooth journey to the National Park. On arrival in Tadoba, you will have lunch and then set off on your first Tiger safari.
Days 3 and 5
When you are not relaxing in your lodge during the heat of the day, your time at Tadoba will be spent exploring the National Park during early morning and later afternoon safaris. Local guides will take you directly to the prime Tiger locations within the park and you can expect to spot a variety of wildlife whilst you are moving through the forests and open grasslands. Tadoba has a reputation for excellent Tiger viewing and we expect to see both male and female tigers during these 2 days. On Day 5, we will depart from Tadoba and head north to the forests of Pench.
Days 6 to 9
The Madhya Pradesh side of Pench is one of the best Tiger habitats in India and is the 19th Project Tiger reserve. Thick deciduous forests, abundant herbivore populations, and numerous water pools make this a perfect Tiger habitat. Well managed and with excellent guides, the park constantly delivers clear Tiger sightings along the Pench River, where deer congregate to feed and drink.
You will have 2 long game drives per day in an exclusive vehicle and stay at one of the best lodges on the border of the park, known for the quality of its service and accommodation, and its delicious curries.
We will also organise optional night walks and drives along the park boundary and a chance to meet the local snake expert.
Days 10 and 11
After a final morning game drive, we leave the comforts of Pench and head back to Nagpur for our flight back to Delhi.
Just some of the wild India you may encounter:
- Royal Bengal Tiger
- Indian Wild Dog (Dhole)
- Striped Hyena
- Wild Asiatic Water Buffalo
- Spotted Deer (Chital)
- Blue Bull (Nilgai)
- Barking Deer
- Four-horned Deer
- Golden Jackal
- Bengal Fox
- Jungle Cat
- Sloth Bear
- Golden Langur
- King Cobra
- Reticulated Python
- Rat Snake
- Assam roofed Turtle
- Greater Racket-tailed Drongo
“We all enjoyed the tour from day 1! Thought Pench was superb – lovely hosts, great food, and fabulous wildlife viewing – thanks”
K. Patel, Leicester.