7 days for £1,950 pp sharing
Other tour dates available on request
- Includes accommodation, activities, meals, and all transfers to and from Jo’bug airport
- Deposit £500 pp. Single supplement £725 pp
- Maximum group size 8 people
- Excludes international flights
Download our 2013/14 Tours Guide for information on booking your flights and FAQs about our tours
A true conservation success, Botswana boasts healthy populations of large predators, including the African Wild Dog, Spotted Hyena, Cheetah, Leopard, and Lion, and has a reputation for some of the most exciting and intense safari experiences in Africa.
This tour has been carefully designed to showcase these iconic predators in all their glory, with a strong focus on observing predatory behaviour and learning how these animals interact with the local landscape and environment. We will join local predator and Elephant researchers on game and night drives to locate these predators, along with other important species within the Northern Tuli Game Reserve, such as Elephant, Aardvark, African Wildcat, Aardwolf, and many more.
This tour is a wildlife photographer’s dream and an opportunity to experience the fascinating behaviour of iconic predator species at close quarters, whilst enjoying the diversity and comfort of a classic African safari. This is one of our favourite tours.
- Learn about the country’s iconic big cats during a predator game drive with a resident researcher.
- Participate in elephant research drives with a resident expert
- Stay in one of Africa’s favourite lodges. Excellent tented camps, meals, and staff ensure a memorable stay.
- Observe healthy populations of rare predators, such as African Wild Dog, Leopard, and Cheetah.
- Witness remarkable hunting behaviour during game drives.
- Explore regions with some of the lowest tourist numbers in Africa.
- Take a walking safari to observe reptiles, small mammals, and birds at close quarters.
- Search for nocturnal wildlife during a night drive through the dry river beds and bush.
- Enjoy a sundowner drink in the African bush as you watch the sunset and listen for the calls of animals.
- Travel with some of the most knowledgeable and experienced wildlife guides in the business.
For a detailed tour itinerary, please download our Tour Brochure.
After arriving in Johannesburg International Airport (O.R. Tambo), you will be met by our local representative and commence your journey north in a private vehicle to the border with Botswana. You can stop for lunch and snacks on the way and enjoy an introductory drive as you head towards the camp, a perfect way to view the rolling landscape and wildlife of the reserve. If time allows, we will have our first game drive in the afternoon and possibly see your first cat!
Days 2 to 6
Your day starts early with tea, coffee, and snacks and a sunrise game drive into the hills, riverbeds, and open bush of the game reserve. Using the expert local knowledge of the guides and researchers, our aim is to locate as much wildlife as possible and show you the rich diversity of the region. The drives are always interesting, and witnessing the interaction between the predators and their prey is always a captivating spectacle. On return to camp you have a cooked brunch, some time to relax, a chance to enjoy the pool in the heat of the day, or time to visit the watering hole hide at camp. You will start your second game drive of the day after tea and cake in the open restaurant. The late afternoon drive and sunset is the perfect time to photograph the wildlife. As the sunsets over the rocky hillsides, you can leave your vehicle for a sundowner and share your experiences with your fellow travellers. As we travel back to camp in darkness, we will search for rare and specialist nocturnal wildlife, before sitting down to a sumptuous dinner in the traditional Boma. Our dining area overlooks the well-visited watering hole, a perfect setting to relax and enjoy the sights and sounds of the African night.
On our final day, we can enjoy a short game drive before breakfast. On saying goodbye to our hosts, we will head back towards the South Africa border and Johannesburg airport for our journey home.
Just some of the wild Botswana you may encounter:
- African Wild Cat
- Spotted Hyena
- African Wild Dog
- Greater Kudu
- Kori Bustard
- Lilac-breasted Roller
- Leopard Tortoise
- Bat-eared Fox
- Chacma Baboon
- Common African Python
No online reviews for this tour. Please contact the Encounter the Wild team for a review or testimonial.