Discover a tropical island paradise, home to the magnificent Humpback Whale…
Choose from 3 specialist tours
- Humpback Whale
- Hammerhead Shark
- Spinner Dolphin
- Manta Rays
- Moorish Idol
- Orange Spotted Filefish
- Sea Urchins
For a few months a year, the crystal clear waters of Tonga’s Vava’u Islands are home to the majestic Humpback Whale. These pristine islands provide a sanctuary for hundreds of whales to mate and give birth after their 5,000 mile journey from Antarctica. Secluded silent lagoons, white sand beaches, underwater caves, and traditional Tongan hospitality make this a dream destination. For those lucky enough to experience it, snorkeling next to a Humpback Whale is a life changing experience.
To ensure that the welfare of the whales is protected at all times, we work with the most respected operator in the region and follow very strict guidelines on how we interact with the whales.
- Snorkel with humpback whales, including mothers, calves, and groups of boisterous males.
- Listen to the whales sing beneath the water.
- Stay aboard a luxury Catamaran, harbored in one of the many secluded lagoons.
- Explore luminous white sand beaches and rock pools.
- Snorkel and swim the crystal clear coral reefs of around 50 different islands.
- Enjoy a traditional Tongan feast and the warmth and hospitality of the local people.
- Snorkel the imposing dark blue waters of Swallows Cave.
- Enjoy magnificent food and drink as you watch the sunset over the South Pacific.
- Travel with a local operator who works strictly within the ‘Whale Watching Guidelines of Tonga and Nuie’.
- Have incredible photography opportunities in the water and from your boat, as inquisitive humpback whales approach.
- Travel in small groups, allowing you maximum time in the water and ensuring less impact on the marine environment.
- The weather can vary dramatically during the whale watching months of July to October and periods of rain and wind are not uncommon.
- However most days are sunny with average temperatures of 25 degrees Celsius and maximums of 29 degrees Celsius.
- Sea temperatures are warm during the whale watching season, although guests should refer to our itinerary information on suitable swimwear.
Download our Tours Guide:Encounter the wild
We will never share your information. Please read our Privacy Statement.