Discover the true wilderness of Canada’s northern frontier…
Choose from 1 specialist tours
- Polar Bear
- Bowhead Whale
- Beluga Whale
- Ringed Seal
- Harp Seal
- Bearded Seal
- Arctic Hare
- Arctic Fox
- Thick-billed Murre
- Northern Fulmar
- Ivory Gull
- King Eider Duck
- Canada Goose
- Snow Goose
- Arctic Tern
Canada’s far north is a magical frozen world of crushed pack ice, giant mammals, and midnight sun. Accompanying local Inuit guides and Arctic expedition experts, your adventure takes you across the frozen ice floe to one of the last true wilderness destinations on earth.
We plan our tours to coincide with the epic spring migrations of the mythical Narwhal and the feeding behaviour of other wildlife in this region, ensuring unforgettable wildlife encounters.
Each of our Canadian Arctic wildlife tours has been designed to show you the very best that this enchanted region has to offer. Bespoke itineraries are also available on request.
- Participate in an Arctic expedition to one of the most remote and inspiring regions on earth.
- Witness the incredible wildlife at the floe edge, including Narwhal, Polar Bear, and Bowhead Whale.
- Travel with a large team of Arctic expedition experts and benefit from their knowledge, logistical support, and wildlife guiding abilities.
- Observe iconic Arctic wildlife at close quarters, even at the very edge of your camp.
- Use a dry suit to snorkel along the edge of an iceberg or to view the Narwhals below the water.
- Take a Kayak along the floe edge to search for whales and bears.
- Travel with, and learn from, the local Inuit guides who accompany our guests at all times.
- Learn about Inuit culture and traditions at the excellent visitor’s centre in Pond Inlet.
- Enjoy the many luxuries provided at camp, including exceptional food, heated Yurt style tents, and hot showers.
- Enjoy the breathtaking scenery at the floe edge whilst you wait for wildlife to appear between the moving pack ice and icebergs.
- Enjoy a BBQ lunch whilst you spot polar bears from on top of a large iceberg.
- Simply enjoy the perfect tranquility and space of an area untouched by mankind.
- During our tour season of May to July, daytime temperatures can range from – 5 degrees to + 10 degrees Celsius.
- Generally speaking, the later in the season, the warmer the day time temperatures.
- 24 hour sunlight during May and June, with the sun lowering at around 10pm.
Download our Tours Guide:Encounter the wild
We will never share your information. Please read our Privacy Statement.
Encounter the Wild Ltd.5 Ferndale Court
Westcombe Park Road
Registered in the UK: No 08365926
tel: +44 (0) 20 8432 6484
mob: +44 (0)7870 576737