Discover the great wilderness of Africa’s southern tip, celebrated for its diversity and stunning natural beauty…
Choose from 1 specialist tours
- African wild cat
- Meerkat (Suricate)
- Southern giraffe
- Spotted hyena
- African wild dog
- Greater kudu
- Kori bustard
- Lilac breasted roller
- Leopard tortoise
- Bat-eared fox
- Chacma baboon
- Common African python
A huge variety of wildlife, landscapes, cultures, and climates are crammed into Africa’s southern tip. From the rolling grasslands of the highveld to the tree-dotted plains of the bushveld, it is home to almost 10 percent of the world’s known bird, fish, and plant species and about 6 percent of its mammal and reptile species.
Whether you want the classic big game safari or a specialist photography tour to encounter rare mammals, South Africa has something for everyone.
Each of our South Africa wildlife tours has been designed to show you the very best that the country has to offer. Bespoke itineraries are also available on request.
- Seek out Africa’s big five in the Kruger National Park
- Search for rare and nocturnal species as part of our specialist safari in the Great Karoo, including aardvark, aardwolf, and caracal
- Search for the smaller and more unusual species as part of our small five safari, a chance to encounter something entirely different!
- Participate in rhino conservation safari with rhino researchers, where you dart, notch, and micro chip wild rhinos
- Explore the rich marine habitats and seek out the marine big five, including an array of sharks, whales, dolphins, and seals
- Embark on a predator photography tour – a chance to come close to the big cats and wild dogs
- Explore dramatic wildlife habitats, including deserts, mountains, grasslands, wetlands and tropical forests
- Enjoy the expert guiding, hospitality, and service of some of the best wilderness lodges in Africa
- Take a sea safari to witness the sardine run off South Africa’s east coast – a spectacular wildlife event
- Unwind after your safari in the beautiful Cape winelands, including the world famous Stellenbosch estates
- The dry months of May to October are the best for wildlife viewing
- The hottest month tends to be October, but without too much humidity
- Day time temperatures range between 65 and 80 degree Fahrenheit for much of the year
- The rains occur each year between November and March
Download our Tours Guide:Encounter the wild
We will never share your information. Please read our Privacy Statement.